There are a number of ways to support the Friends of Historic Sedgeley
The Heritage Society
Donors of gifts or planned gifts valuing $5,000 or more automatically join the Heritage Society. Members of the Heritage Society receive a membership certificate commemorating their generosity, invitations to special events and a password to track their gift’s impact at FHS.
By pledging a gift over five years or pledging an automatic recurring donation, FHS can count on your support and plan accordingly. Contact FHS to set up a five year pledge or use the PayPal link to make a recurring monthly gift.
- Give directly to FHS
- Make your check payable to Friends of Historic Sedgeley and send it to Friends of Historic Sedgeley at 15 Kelly Drive, Philadelphia, PA 19130. We’ll return a receipt to you. Or use our safe and easy online option to make a gift using a credit card or PayPal. A receipt from FHS will be generated and emailed to you immediately for your convenience.
- Matching Gift
- Double your impact with a matching gift from your employer. Your employer’s Human Resources Departments can help set up a matching gift if your company provides them.
- Give a gift of Stock or Securities
- Gifts of stock or securities can be transferred from your account to FHS’s account in a few easy steps. Stocks you’ve held for over one year will transfer to FHS at the highest market value allowed and maximize your tax deduction. To set-up a gift of stock or securities, please contact us directly.
- Memorialize a Loved One
- FHS will be glad to assist in recognizing your gift in memory of a loved one. To discuss ways you can memorialize your loved one by making a gift to FHS, please contact us directly.
- Honor Someone Special
- Is there someone you’d like to honor by making a gift to FHS in their name? Contact us to discuss the best way to honor your esteemed one through a gift to FHS.
Make a Planned Gift for the future
- Designate FHS in your will or trust
- The favorite way to make a planned gift for the future. Use a simple codicil to provide a gift of cash or securities from your will to FHS. For donors who expect to pay estate taxes, the charitable donation to FHS will be deductible from the federal (and some state) estate taxes. FHS provides professional counsel on the various ways of making a gift through your will or trust. Contact us to get started.
- Make FHS a co-beneficiary of your life insurance proceeds or retirement plan benefits
- Using a Change of Beneficiary Form available from your insurance company or retirement plan administrator, you can add FHS as a recipient of your benefits. Your insurance company or retirement plan will follow your directions as long as you own the policy.
- Make FHS the sole beneficiary of a life insurance policy or retirement plan account
- If FHS is designated as the owner of a life insurance policy or retirement plan account, FHS can then become the sole beneficiary. Contact your insurance company or retirement plan administrator about the forms and details.
- Honor Someone Special
- Wish to memorialize or honor someone special with your planned gift? Contact FHS with your wishes for gifts donated in memory of or in honor of a special person.